Vegetables being an essential source of nutrients are not available in all seasons. Even if they are accessible due to our most laborious routine, we are unable to buy them. To overcome that inconvenience, we can freeze the vegetables, which will help to preserve the micro-structure. The frozen vegetables have very least probability of getting spoiled due to declining in chemical process and retarding the growth of microorganisms. Freezing maintains the quality, flavor, nutritional value, and freshness of the vegetables. Everyone can eat them without getting worried because it’s affordable and convenient than buying fresh vegetables daily. The matter of concern is, how to roast frozen vegetables?
Today you will come to know how easy it is to roast the frozen vegetables and say farewell to heated and gooey veggies. This hack of roasting will have an enticing feel full of deep flavors, setting behind the mushy and squishy veggies – which no one like. To have a delicious and quick meal, you only need to have frozen vegetables, some spices, and olive oil to roast the frozen vegetables. A kitchen hack: unknown to many people, But no qualms!
3 best techniques of roasting frozen vegetables
Here are some methods to get known about how to roast frozen vegetables. Let’s get started:
1. Defrosting vegetables before roasting
Get frozen vegetables out of the freezer and thaw them before placing them into the oven, so they look like fresh vegetables, now see how to roast frozen vegetables with this method:
- Put the vegetables in the bowl, pour warm water (not hot), and place it for 15 minutes to half an hour until they are defrosted.
- Now pat dry them on a paper towel to get maximum moisture out of it to avoid gooey texture.
- Spread them on the baking sheet, 1 inch apart so that all moisture evaporated quickly.
- Put the tray in the oven and roast them less than 5 minutes of mentioned time on commercially frozen vegetables. (they are slightly cooked before that’s why)
Times given on the packets are always approximate so use your senses to check!
2. Roasting frozen veggies straight from the package
To get the crispness and full flavor, follow the following steps to roast the frozen vegetables:
- Pre-heating the oven at 230ᵒC (450ᵒF), because the super-hot oven will rapidly evaporate the crystals of ice.
- Coat the vegetables with olive oil to make them crispy outside and soft inside (don’t use quickly evaporated oils at high temperatures)
- Also, preheat the baking sheet after drizzling it with oil that is a brilliant hack of saving time while roasting.
- Don’t roast the vegetables of different sized together like; cauliflower, spinach, potato or beans rather roast the same-sized together to avoid struggling.
- Add spices and herbs which you like and mix them in veggies.
- Put out the tray, spread vegans evenly to get crispy and deliciousness and now bake them at 190ᵒC (375ᵒF) for 20-40 minutes, depending upon the veggies.
- Check it after 5-10 minutes that either they’re ready to serve or not.
You can eat it in any way you want!
3. Freezing Up the vegetables for roasting afterward
Buy fresh vegetables, preserving them in your way, and getting frozen vegetables roasted later with few guidelines to follow:
- Wash the veggies thoroughly with water, stain, and pat dry with paper towels slightly.
- Cut them into smaller or larger piece according to your recipe or bite-sized for easy defrosting and roasting.
- Add the same kind of vegetable in the boiling water to blanch them, which will help in preserving the microstructure, flavor, and texture.
- Stop boiling, put in the strainer, then add in chilled water (called as shocking) to stop the cooking process and keep the color and smoothness.
- Blot dry with paper towels carefully to get off moisture and maintain the flesh.
- Spread the blanched and dried vegetables on the baking sheet and freeze them for an hour or more by keeping space between them.
- Now, put half-frozen vegetables in a freezer bag or other packets according to your eating portion or recipe.
- Make separate bags for each veggie due to their different cooking time and starch content.
- Later on, you can use method 1 or 2 to roast them.
- Alternatively, you can thaw them and then add oil and garlic cloves (to taste) in a frying pan and let it heat.
- Mix spices and herbs (aromatic plants like rosemary, thyme, oregano) in the veggies.
- Add them in the heated oil and stir fry until they turned golden brown or tendered.
Delicious, crispy, and yummy veggies are ready to serve with rice, bread, or pasta!
Roasting frozen vegetables is incredible at times of need when we’re lazy or need something ready to eat. After looking into above methods, we can easily get known how to roast frozen vegetables? Moreover, how easy, and convenient it is to do. Above shared were hand-on full-fledged techniques to prepare excellent meal in less time and to get some instant energy. So, what are you waiting for? Apply these methods of roasting frozen vegetables on stove, feel ease at your place and exclaim with joy Tadaa!