In the spirit of innovation, American is giving you the chance to think big and win domestic air travel.
- Your napkin entry can be any new idea for a product or business. It can be related to your startup, something that doesn’t exist yet, to your knowledge, or an improvement on something that does.
- You may use the entire surface of the napkin. Fee free to express your idea with words and/or drawings – whatever it takes to convey the concept.
- Just get the basic idea down. No need to go into overly detailed plans – just focus on describing the basic concept of the product or service.
- Get creative and have fun! It might help to think about it like this: if a child were asked the same question, what would he or she answer? What product/service would solve a problem you see or make life better or easier?
- You will be judged by a panel of experts based on novelty, creativity and viability as a product or business.
- Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will lead to disqualification You must provide complete contact information in the fields on the napkin.
AMERICAN AIRLINES CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
2. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS.
One winner will receive the following prize:
Winner(s) entering as a business will receive 10,000 Business ExtrAA® points
AMERICAN AIRLINES BUSINESS EXTRAA® POINTS®: One (1) Paper Napkin Pitch Contest Winner may receive 10,000 American Airlines Business ExtrAA® points (provided that the Winner is an incorporated company), which can be redeemed for over 50 award options, including flight awards and upgrades on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection® carrier), Admirals Club® memberships, day passes and conference room rentals, and AAdvantage Gold® status and other awards available at https://www.businessextraa.com/ShowAwards.do. (Approximate retail value for First Place (“ARV”): $2487.50 Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the Business ExtrAA® award travel. American may amend, in its discretion, the Business ExtrAA® Program Rules and program awards at any time without notice. This means that the accumulation of points does not entitle Members to any vested rights for points, program awards, or other program benefits. In accumulating points or program awards, Members may not rely upon the continued availability of points or any program award, and Members may not be able to obtain all offered program awards for all destinations or on all flights. Any program award may be withdrawn or subject to increased point requirements or new restrictions at any time. American may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any points or program awards; (ii) change program benefits, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting credit, or rules for the use of program awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including without limitation allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of program awards or special offers. American may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though the changes may affect the Member’s or Member Traveler’s ability to use points or program awards that have already accumulated. American reserves the right to end the program with thirty days notice. Business ExtrAA® points can be redeemed for over 50 award options, including flight awards and upgrades on American Airlines, Admirals Club® memberships, day passes and conference room rentals, and AAdvantage Gold® status.
3. SELECTING WINNERS AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On April 4th, 2013 all eligible entries received by Sponsors will be reviewed and scored by Sponsors and independent judging organization (“Administrator”). Winners will be selected based upon highest ranking scores from among all eligible entries received by Sponsors. The Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Contest. The potential Winner will be notified by phone, and/or email. The potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. If any Prize, Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsors. By accepting Prize, Winners acknowledge compliance with these official rules. If a potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Limit one Prize per household/family.
4. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a signed Form W-9 with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. Any residents of the 48 contiguous/50 United States that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Puerto Rico residents that win $500 or more in Prizes will receive a Form 480.6A, with a duplicate sent to the Puerto Rico tax authorities. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
7. OTHER CONDITIONS. To the extent applicable to any registrant or Prize Winners domiciled in Puerto Rico, these rules will be interpreted to comply with the laws of Puerto Rico. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsors. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prizes to Winners to be selected in random drawings from among the remaining uncorrupted eligible entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Administrator and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsors due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
8. DISPUTES.Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
9. ADMINISTRATOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
10. SPONSOR(S). American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and AmericanConnection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.